There seems to be a bit of a media freakout over the resignation of Pope Benedict XVI, but Catholics are taking the news in a bit more civilized manner. I think this is testimony not only to our faith in the Holy Spirit to guide the Church, but also to our history of having built Western Civilization. Below is EWTN video of a roundtable discussion on the Pope’s resignation by Fr. Mitch Pacwa SJ, Fr. Joseph Mary MFVA, Michael Warsaw and Colin Donovan. No panic attacks here.
My web host has a great offer!
My Twitter Timeline
- Passionist Nuns Have a New Blog! June 27, 2014That’s right. This temporary blog will be defunct real soon so come on over and join us at the new In the Shadow of His Wings. Make sure you click the Follow button so you can get an email every time we publish a new post. See ya.Sponsa Christi
- A Vocation Day and Postulants! June 16, 2014It has been forever since I wrote! We are enjoying summer very much. We had a bunch of flowers donated that beautified our gardens and our Lord is keeping them watered. You are correct in that I wrote the word postulant in the plural – that’s is right we are about to have another postulant…Sponsa Christi
- None Should Mow the Grass There May 26, 2014Recently Sr. Rose Marie encountered a Robert Frost poem that captures the essence of springtime for our Sister-lawnmowers, who also happen to be our Sister-wildflower-lovers: Rose Pogonias A saturated meadow Sun-shaped and jewel-small, A circle scarcely wider Than the trees around were tall; Where winds were quite excluded, And the air was stifling sweet With…Sponsa Christi
- Passionist Vocation Day May 17, 2014Interested in Religious Life? Wonder what it’s like to be a Nun? We are hosting a Vocation Day here at the monastery called “Behold This Heart” and hope we can give you deeper insight into these questions. See PDF flyer here. WHEN: Saturday, June 7 TIME: Mass is at 8 a.m. but for those who…Sponsa Christi
- Spiritual Motherhood Month May 15, 2014May is the month devoted to our Blessed Mother and to all mothers really. Thanks to Sr. Cecilia Maria – on Sunday – Mother’s Day – each sister found at her place in the refectory a little bouquet of pinks and a note of love and appreciation. That evening Nick Higdon, a seminarian for the…Sponsa Christi